Sunday, 30 October 2016

Taytay Book Tag

I thought it was time for another book tag and this one is all about Taylor Swift. I got this challenge from a blog called Eclecticintrospections. Anyone who knows me knows that I secretly love Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato and I am not one bit ashamed of it. So let's start.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together 
Pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with: That would have to be The Vampire Diaries. I really enjoyed the first book at first, but I got sick of it pretty soon. Of course I'm talking about the books in this case because I'm still in love with the TV-series, though we've had our ups and downs too.

The Best Day
Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic: Harry Potter, no contest. It's simply something I have liked for so long. In the past there were series/books I really liked too but over time those always lost their charm (uch Twilight uch), whereas Harry Potter never lost its charm. It's still awesome! Especially now that the script books of the new things are out/coming out.


Blank Space
Most over-hyped book or series that didn't work out for you: Beautiful Creatures, Vampire Academy, The Vampire Diaries, The Lunar Chronicles, list goes on and on.

I Knew You Were Trouble 
Made by Charlie Bowater
Pick a bad character you couldn’t help but love: Rhys Rhys Rhys Rhys. I just cannot help myself. He started out as dark, dangerous, brooding and bloody hot (most of which stayed that way all the way through A Court of Mist and Fury). It's such a delicious male character. I mean even my boyfriend likes him, I think that says enough.


Shake It Off
Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters: Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I'm dying to re-read it again.

Innocent
Pick a book that someone ruined the ending for: This is hard one.. I don't think this has happened a lot. Though I did spoil myself with the last book of the Divergent series but that was just well.. yeah unfortunate. I was very suspicious about the fact that all of a sudden we had chapters from Four's perspective, I was like, ah this basically means that Tris will die. And I was right. I was not happy with myself at that moment. Hope you guys have already read the books (or don't plan on doing so) because if not I just spoiled you too. Sorry.

Everything Has Changed
Pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development: this one is difficult for me. I really don't know. Maybe Aelin from Throne of Glass (man I'm starting to sound like a broken record), or Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments. 

You Belong With Me

Pick your most anticipated book release: this is a very difficult question. I think for the first 6 months of 2016, that would have to be Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. After that it was Empire of Storms (I mean I bought the book twice!) and for next year it's the next book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. People just keep writing books and I have absolutely no time to read them. Uch.. so sad.

Forever and Always

Pick your favourite book couple: I know I have talked about favourite couples a lot lately (sorry guys). It has not changed recently so it's still Feyre and Rhysand, especially in A Court of Mist and Fury.


Teardrops On My Guitar
Pick a book that made you cry a lot: If I stay, especially if I read Where She Went directly afterwards. It's so passionate.

Invisible
Most underrated series/book that you think deserves spotlight: The Elect by Elle Todd (though I'm not sure if those are even still for sale, they were self-published). Or The Dark Heroine Series by Abigail Gibbs. She still hasn't published the third book of the series, but the first two were really good. Especially the first one. I really hope that one day, both these writers will continue what they started. Can't wait.

The Story of Us

A couple you think should end up together: Oh this is such a good question! Cassian and Nesta, or Lucien and Elain (both from ACOTR). OR Connor and Bree from the Land of Stories. Or Emma and Julian from The Dark Artifices. 

Love Story
Pick a forbidden love in a book or seriesEmma and Julian from The Dark Artifices haha! They are parabatai (which will make no sense for anyone who has not read a Cassandra Clare book) but it basically means that you are bound to protect one another and absolutely banned from being together romantically. Or as the wiki says: Parabatai is a pair of Nephilim warriors who fight together as lifelong partners, bound together by oath, regardless of their gender. Their bond is not reflected only in their closeness and willingness to lay down their lives for one another, but also in oath—one sworn in front of the Council. Not all Shadowhunters are required to have parabatai; it is actually less common to have them. A Shadowhunter has only eighteen years to find and choose a parabatai; once older than that, the ritual is no longer open to the Shadowhunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment