Sunday, 11 September 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag


I really liked doing the previous book tag, so I decided to do another one. This one is not necessarily about books or characters, but more my likes and dislikes. It was created by Chapter Chicks (though I found it on a different blog). I deleted a 3 questions simply because I did not read books (that I remember) that involved those elements. I hope you guys like it!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
When I was younger (around 8 years old) I used to get sick in the car a lot. I wasn't into reading as much then so it didn't even have to do with that. Then at one point, from I think my 13th until my 18th, I could read books in moving vehicles like crazy. Now? Not so much. I don't know what changed. Still don't get as nauseous as I used to but can't read books in cars anymore :(

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I don't know if this is really true, I only read one book by this person but it really really surprised me and I had never read anything like it: A Visit by the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.


3. Harry Potter or Twilight? Give three reasons to defend your choice.
Even though I read and enjoyed both, I will go with Harry Potter. For one because it has a lot more books, more to enjoy, more time to fall in love with the characters. Secondly, the characters are more diverse and have such depth to them. Last but not least, it has cute creatures (Dobby <3 ).

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don't carry a specific book bag, however I rarely leave the house without a book in my bag.

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes, but not only my own books. I like to smell books in stores. Actually, if I don't like the smell of a book, I'm less likely to purchase it. 

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
That really depends on the book, but mostly no. I rather have books without illustrations because it takes up space and I like to keep things to the imagination. I really love maps though.


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?
Twilight would be the easy choice, haha. But instead I think I'll go with the Deltora books (there are a looooot of them). I really enjoyed reading them, but I didn't really read fantasy at that point in my life and thus I did not know what was good and what was not.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? 
Honestly, no. Not really. I didn't read books when I was really young due to my Dyslexia.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Edgar Allan Poe: The Complete Illustrated Stories and Poems (seriously, it's massive).

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself becoming an author someday?
Yes and no. I dream about becoming an author, but the chance is super super tiny so no. I don't see myself becoming a published author. 

12. When did you get into reading?
Rather late actually. As I mentioned before I did not really read books when I was really really young, due to the fact that reading was really super hard for me and I hated that. But I got a lot of extra classes when I was about 8/9 years old and after that I slowly fell in love with reading, but l I was 15/16 when I really really got into it (that's when the book-buying-addiction started).


13. What is your favourite classic book?
The Complete Fairy Tales of The Brothers Grimm.

14. Was English your best subject in school?
I was pretty good in English, but I guess that question is not really fair considering it's not my first language. I was not particularly good in Dutch.

15. If you were given a book you've already read and hated as a present, what would you do?
That would never happen. I'm very organised. Besides people know I buy books a lot, they often don't get the chance to give them to me. But if they do then I'll just explain, because honestly that's better for everyone.

16. What is a lesser known series you know of that is similar to Harry Potter of the Hunger Games?
Hmm.. I think most of them are all rather well known. Maybe my book? 

17. What is your favourite word?
Books! Wauw I can't believe I actually had to think about that one XD

19. Vampires or Fairies/Fae?
If I were still 16 I would have said Vampires (I really liked Twilight) but now I'm going with Fairies/Fae. Especially considering I really really like Sarah J. Maas her stories and those involve Fae.

20. Shapeshifters or Angels?
Half-Angels.

21. Love Triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden love. Love triangles are rarely really love triangles and if they are they usually suck. I adore forbidden love because those can be really intense and heart breaking (which hurts, true. But it's really cool if the story really grabs you). 

22. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed novel with love scenes. Romance books often turn into erotic books or well, very sappy and rom-comy.

That was it for today!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you when it comes to love triangles, they're often not well done, but I'm a sucker for forbidden love.

    ReplyDelete