Monday, 26 September 2016

The New York Times Book Tag

It's time for another book tag, yay! This one I found on a blog called 'nerdytalksbookblog' and it was originally made by 'Marie Berg' on youtube. I hope you guys will like it!

1. What book is on your night stand now?
Right now there are actually five books on my nightstand: City of Masks for pleasure and Lolita, The Tempest, King Lear and The Tame of The Shrew for university classes.

2. What was the last truly great book you read?
A Court of Mist and Fury. I read it over the summer and then I read it again immediately after. I don't know why but it just really got to me.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
Oh man, this is difficult. I think Ella Wheeler Wilcox, or maybe Charles Dickens. Ella is not that well known but I found a book with her poems once and I just really like them. She seems like such a lovely lady. Then again maybe I would want to talk to Jane Austen and ask her about her life. Argh.. to many I don't know man. But definitely one that has since passed, because most of the modern writers have loads of interviews you can find online. I would rather talk to someone who was not around for that.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
Oeh.. eehm, I don't know.. I have a lot of books, but most of them make sense. I have a lot of classical books, and mostly Young Adult fiction. My shelves represent who I am and therefore nothing is all that surprising, I think. Maybe my Dutch books? I don't have a lot of them.

5. How do you organise your personal library?
Usually I order them alphabetically, just because to me that makes the most sense. However, I currently have my to-be-read shelf organised according to colour, and the rest I have organised according to how much I like them.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
Oooh soo many books XD I think all my books on my to-be-read shelf right now. However I think most of all the fact that I have 19 books by Charles Dickens, a writer I admire, and I've only read one of them.. It's horrible I know.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you are supposed to like but didn’t?
The Hunger Games, Red Queen, Vampire Academy, loads of popular young adult fiction that I just don't really like.

8. Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
Oef.. Life of Pi, My Booky Wook, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but none of them due to boredom or such. I just have not had the time to finish them. And with Life of Pi it has been so long that I would have to start over I think

9. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I absolutely adore fantasy stories with a bit of forbidden or impossible love. I usually stay clear of romantic novels, because they often are to sappy.

10. What do you plan to read next?
Empire of Storms. I need to because I'm going to meet the writer on the 8th of October. Even if I don't have time to read it XD

No comments:

Post a Comment