Thursday, 3 April 2014

Game of Thrones fav's


Time to talk about Game of Thrones. As we all know, season 4 is around the corner. We have waited yet another year for this moment to arrive and it is finally here. Yes I am rather excited about it. Re-watched everything from Pilot the season 3 finale. I am ready. I never felt like writing a review on this series, there simply is too much information, characters, events to talk about and even more I don't even know about (yet). But I do want to do something with this. Since its one of the only series I would do anything for. Like stand in like for 2,5 hours waiting to enter the exhibition for about 15 minutes (yes, that I did). So I decided it was time to list my 5 favorite characters from the series.

(1) Starting with my absolute favorite. I don't know where it came from but I felt this way since episode one. Daenerys Stormborn of the house Targaryen. Queen of the Andals and the First Men. Khaleeshi of the Great Grass Sea. Breaker of Chains. And above all, Mother of Dragons (Long ass name, I know). Aside from the obvious reasons (she's rather hot and has dragons for pets/babies) I like her because she's polite, kind but determined. She knows what she wants and is fighting to get there. There isn't much that scares her even though she is quite young, has no family left (which is sad for the most part since most of them were killed during the war, but her brother was an ass, he deserved to die), lost her husband and child to a witch and she's about (well over time) to go to war. I don't usually like women in TV-series or books. They annoy me with their whining and unreasonable choices. Sure I don't agree with all Dany her choices either but she has good principles. She only kills those whom deserved to be killed and speaks up for those whom can't. "I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine with fire and blood, I will take it."


(2) I think I speak for everyone when I say that this character is one of the better ones. Tyrion Lannister. He is the youngest of the Lannister siblings and bye far the nicest Lannister out there. Like Jon he is not really appreciated in his family. He was born a 'dwarf' and his mom, Joanna Lannister, died while giving birth to him, which is why his whole family practically hates him and thinks he's a disgrace to the family. All of this, of course, since he was born. Never given a chance to be a good, or bad, man. His father is Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, which technically he is heir to because his only brother gave up his right to be the heir when he joined the King's Guard. Yet his father will never give it to him because he thinks that would ruin the family name. Giving Casterly Rock to a dwarf, big no no. He isn't really interested in becoming the lord of Casterly Rock, he just wants to be appreciated for all the work he does for the family (and the seven kingdoms in a whole). Tyrion is kind, funny (or rather hilarious), smart and merciful. He feels sorry for Sansa Stark, and where any man would just bed her, he decides he would rather never have sex again than bed her against her will. In the end, I don't think I have to explain his awesomeness, we all know it. "I will hurt you for this. A day will come when your joy will turn to ashes and you will know the debt is paid."

(3) This character is no where near as awesome as Dany (or Tyrion), but I am a girl. It's hard for me not to like him since he is absolutely gorgeous and innocent, for a guy. Jon Snow (a easy breezy short name). The Bastard son of lord 'Ned' Eddard Stark of Winterfell. Jon isn't really appreciated by either his father nor adoptive mother. She blames him for what his mother and her husband did, which is very unreasonable in my eyes and is also the reason why she is not in this list. Very early on in the series he decides to leave his family and join the Night's Watch, also known as crows, at Castle Black. Here he loses his (nick)name and becomes an number in a large group of men. Well that's before he falls in love with a wildling and abandons his oath. I feel really bad about the decisions he made when it comes to her. Ygritte (who would be on my sixth place in this list), a redhead, almost as beautiful and hot as Dany. I feel sorry for him but at the same time I'm also rather angry at him. He is going to have to prove himself to me in the 4th season. He's a conflicted man who has to figure out what he wants in live, what he really wants. 'Cause being a crow is clearly not the way to go for him. "You know I didn't have a choice. You always knew who I was. What I am. I have to go home now."


(4) Jaime Lannister, the King slayer. The twin brother of Cersei Lannister, the mother of the King, and also his lover (yeah we all know that Joffrey is secretly their child, a bastard, rather than the King but whatever). Even though he is Tywin's oldest son (like I mentioned earlier), he has no claim to be his heir anymore. He is not allowed to marry (though he wouldn't anyway). He was the man who killed The Mad King, Aerys II Targaryen (Dany her father), which haunts him ever since. In the first two seasons he is an asshole and I always told my boyfriend I wanted him dead, even more than I wanted Joffrey dead. He always laughed at me, knows me so well. I am not ashamed to say that I fell in love with Jaime from the moment he walked together with Brienne of Tarth (who would be on my seventh place in this list), she is supposed to bring him back to his family. They bring out the best in each other and he finally reveals his better side in which he trades his killing for saving. I don't know what is going to happen to him in the season 4. I do not know whether he will be awesome or a disappointment once he's back with Cersei. I just hope he will show his true colors, which ever those may be. "I came to the King, begging him to surrender. He told me to bring him my father's head. Then he turned to his pyromancer. 'Burn them all,' He said. 'Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.' Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?"

(5) Last but not least: Arya Stark, the only Stark I really like (aside from Rickon Stark, who is practically to young to really be a character yet), the others are all foolish, some even selfish, weak and very eager to die for some reason. But Arya, Daughter of Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn Stark, is a fighter and a deadly one at that. She knows what she wants and needs no man to protect her or help her to achieve her goals. People underestimate her. I hope she will surprise us all. I fear for her too. She was there when her father was killed. Saw her brothers corpse only minutes after he was killed and is slowly becoming a very dark soul. After all her losses I don't think there is much hope and sunshine left in her. And when you have nothing more to lose.. you become very very dangerous. To yourself and others.I just hope she doesn't die, at least not yet. Also because I hope she and Jon will be reunited at some point (I'm a sucker for brother and sister love, big surprise). "Someday I'm gonna put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull."



So that is my list. I gave it quite a lot of thought. I will probably chance my mind as soon as the fourth seasons starts (yes yes I know I should have read the books but I haven't, yet). Please tell me what you guys think of this and who you fancy and above all who do you hate?

My boyfriend was the one who introduced me to this amazing series. He had read the books before the series was put into a TV show by HBO. He knows the characters better and differetnly, than I do so his opinion is probably of higher value. Yet we chose most of the same people for our lists. In short, Here is his list: 1. Tyrion Lannister. 2. Arya Stark. 3. Varys4. Jon Snow (who apparently is way more awesome in the books). 5. Jaime Lannister.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE ARYA, DAENERYS AND TYRION!!! MY TOP THREE!!!! ;DD
    And Joffrey.......DIEEE!!!!!!! *STABS A THOUSAND TIMES OVER* Tho I admit his temper tantrums are soooo amusinggg :P I love laughing at his face XD
    Do you remember the part in S3 where Tyrion got totally drunk at his 'wedding' and threatened Joffrey with his knife?!?!?! *falls over laughing*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite line in all of game of thrones is when Tywin Lannister says: Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king." I just love him for that XD
      Yeah of course XD and everyone went silent cause you can get killed for threatening the king.. it was hilarious XD

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that Arya person... looks awesome. No I don't know anything about her but... look at her hands. Bloody. That is awesome...
    No I don't automatically buy books because it involves characters like her. Okay maybe ._.
    But ignoring all dat... I loved ze post! XDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are great though :) and yes, Arya is amazing.

      Delete