Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Thought of the day

Sensitive Moment with Alyssa

So I haven't done a blog entry kinda thing experience ever, because I just felt like I was going to bore my readers by doing that but for once I thought I needed to share something, maybe?

As a self-conscious and insecure girl I think I can speak for a lot of girls when I say that we all fall for mysterious-older-bad-guy once (or twice or three times) in our lives. We love the way they make us feel. Exited, fun, bad ass and in some way special. When that bad guy picks you, no matter how bad of an influence he (or she) has on you, it makes you feel special. Because out of all the girls he could have picked, he went for you.

Nevertheless, they always break our heart. To them we aren't special. We are easy. Easy to get, convince and get over. We are just another one of those girls that they get bored with fairly easily. We all fall for it and will all get over it at some point, hopefully.

As did I. I fell for a mysterious-older-bad-guy when I was 13 years old, chased him for years and years, and got to him when I was 18 years old. Five years of pain, hurt, growing (physically and mentally) and rejections before he gave into it. Friend-zoned me like crazy. One of the most painful (yet lovely) experiences in my live. It made me stronger, but it also made me realize than I am better than that. I deserve more than that. I am not someone's castaway or rejection. I am a good and lovely person and deserve someone to take care of me and love me the way I love them and take care of them.

So in the end.. I was 'saved' and fell in love with a guy that can only be described as a best-friend kinda guy, because up to that point that was all he had been for other girls. And now 2,5 years later, here we are! Totally in love and I have never been this happy in my life.

So for anyone out there being friend-zoned or thrown aside by a bad-guy or bad-girl. Seriously, they are not worth it. You will find someone who loves you as much as you love them. Someone worth fighting for and for whom you would give up anything! It's a two-way-street. You are special and deserve someone that realizes that, and don't settle for anything less or let anybody tell you any different!

Let me know what you think about this or read my longer version of this story here.

2 comments:

  1. Alyss, I am glad you were willing to share. I have yet to fall for anyone, but I know that when I do and when it goes badly, I will be able to have faith that things will get better. So thank you, in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Xandra!
      Thank you for your sweet response! I do hope that you never get heart broken though.

      Delete