Monday, 16 December 2013

The Final Empire: Mistborn #1

I wish someone would have warned me for this book.. for how it would go and how it would end. This particular part of the book makes me so sad. I wish I would have known before I started.
Vin, your original duty tonight was going to be assassinate the high noblemen remaining in the city. But, well, you convinced me that maybe they should live. I could never figure out how this blasted metal was supposed to work. It's safe to burn - it won't kill you - but it doesn't appear to do anything useful. If you're reading this, then I failed to figure out how to use it when I faced the Lord Ruler. I don't think it matters. They people needed something to believe in, and this was the only way to give it to them. Please don't be angry at me for abandoning you. I was given an extension on life. I should have died in Mare's place years ago. I was ready for this. The others will need you. You're their Mistborn now - you'll have to protect them in the months to come. The nobility will send assassins against our fledgling kingdom's rulers. Farewell. I'll tell Mare about you. She always wanted a daugther.
- Kelsier, The Final Empire, Brandon Sanderson.


No comments:

Post a Comment